An internship at the Society for Threatened Peoples (STP) provides the opportunity to experience the daily work of a human rights organization and to gather own experiences. Our interns can expect regular working days of at least six hours in one of our specialist departments. Unfortunately, we cannot provide financial compensation, but we offer an exciting working environment with interesting topics.
During your internship, you will be able to work in one of our specialist departments:
- Carry out research on the current situation of threatened minorities.
- Compile drafts of memoranda, documents, press releases and contributions to the STP's magazine "pogrom – bedrohte Völker".
- Help us to keep in contact with representatives of endangered minorities.
- Prepare actions such as vigils, demonstrations and events and take part in them.
- Respond to inquiries in consultation with our consultants/experts.
- Be in charge of your own smaller projects.
As the introduction will take some time, an internship at our office should last at least eight weeks. When filling out the application form, please indicate which specialist field you would like to be working in during the internship. Of course, it is possible to specify more than one field when applying – then we will check what dates are available for which units. Due to organizational reasons, it is not possible to change between the units. Such changes would not make much sense with respect to the content either, as the individual units require specific introduction.
Internships can be completed in the following departments/areas:
- Asia and Africa
- South East Europe
- Middle East
- Indigenous peoples / South America
- Europe / Russia (at our office in Berlin, please apply to email@example.com)
- Online editorial office
We are looking forward to your application!
With kind regards,